Wireless Printer

Grandad

Firstly let me say I know next to nothing about wireless networks or networks in general, and at almost 70 years any explanation just doesn't sink in.

So, question:

In my dining room I have a desktop (XP) with an Epson SX218 connected via USB.
This PC isn't connected to the internet and I have no desire for it to be as I use it for personal stuff.

In the living room I have a Laptop (7) connected to the internet via a USB dongle through the Orange mobile telephone network.

What I would like to do is be able to use my printer from the Laptop. I did see on ebay some printer servers, but don't know if they are suitable or can do what I want so don't want to buy something I can't use.

I'm ok with computers but having a look around Google all I can see is explanations and how to's that assume the reader has a degree in computer science, something I have never understood why the assumption everyone is a 20 year old wizz.

Can anyone help me with what I would need to be able to use my printer from my laptop please ?

Thanks in advance.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
A wireless router would be so much easier. Share the printer on the network. So what if you have to have the desktop pc connected to the net?