Wireless Problem

dlbarrette

I installed a Linksys N Wireless router EXACTLY the way the installation CD had me do it. Modem to Router, Router to main computer, all the cables going to the right places. OKAY. So, my laptop is picking up the wireless network and everything is going great...until...the main computer gets shut down, then I lose my connection... and my network isn't even available to connect to...What is wrong??? I still need to be able to connect to the wireless even when the main computer is turned off. It shouldn't be this way, right?

DV83R

I just recently set up a network myself with wireless N, the only difference is mine was a modem/router combination, now i did mine first go and had no problems, the only reason i can see that the connection dies when you turn off the main computer, is if the internet is somehow running from that computer and plugged into the router so when u shut the computer down the link is broken, i'd suggest re-looking at the wires it should go
phonecable---->modem---->Internet port on router------->computer(s). the wireless will organise itself when it is plugged into the router