Wireless problems! need some help!

djcon

I seem to be having a problem with my wireless adapter card in my desktop ever since I switched to Service pack 3 for Windows XP. Basically the problem is... my internet is SOOOOO SLOOWWWWW!

Like taking dial-up time to load Google! and I pay a considerable amount of money per month for The fastest DSL that was offered! This obviously shouldn't be happening since the card worked perfect for the first couple of months I first installed it.

Ever since SP 3 was installed its horribly slow. I got it to go faster for the past couple of weeks... but my computer updated itself when i was at work... hopped on... and Uh-oh! SLOW!

My computer specs are in my sig, and the Wireless adapter is a D-Link WDA-1320 Wireless PCI adapter.

Also, When I disconnect from my network, it shows 4 bars for signal strength... then as soon as its connected its 1 - 2 bars MAX "Very Low" Signal strength. I know its not the network cuz my laptop works in my room... right beside my desktop!

Anyways any help would be rediculously appreciated! If you can figure it out, I'll send some free swag your way!

Thanks.

djcon

I tried reverting back to SP 2, but I forgot the date... and had installed stuff scince then, so I couldn't get back to the part before this started to funk up.

I did try reinstalling the drivers, even tried to update... but the D-Link ones didn't fix it! :(

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I tried reverting back to SP 2, but I forgot the date... and had installed stuff scince then, so I couldn't get back to the part before this started to funk up.

I did try reinstalling the drivers, even tried to update... but the D-Link ones didn't fix it! :(

You don't need the date, go into add/remove programs and uninstall SP3...