Wireless Speakers Wanted!

ZeroWing

Im looking to replace my 5 yr old Logitech Desktop speakers. I want a wireless setup so I dont have wires running down my room to the wall behind me. How much would I need to spend in order to get a reliable speaker system? I rather save money then cheap out and regret it.

PC eye

banned
Since you are already familiar with Logitech the solution is to look over the wireless setups they offer. The page at the link here lists their entire lineup for desktops, laptops, IPods, etc. as seen at http://lsearch.logitech.com/search/query.jsp?qt=wireless+speakers&cl=US%2CEN&country=us&language=en&accept-charset=iso-8859-1&rq=0&charset=utf-8&la=en&col=corpweb&style=usen&region=AMR

If you find a model there worth looking into then you will have to price shop around to see who has them instock too.

lovely?

there is no real "wireless" speakers, they need power. you could always power some speakers with lots of AA's but that doesnt sound fun to change...

bomberboysk

Yeah, i would have to say ttry to deal with wires, they are going to have superior sound quality, and a heck of a lot cheaper than wireless speakers, which will still need power from mains anyhow.

PC eye

banned
Well then there's the option for a thread in the "Computer Equipment for sale" section to see if someone here wants to sell a used set. :p

One question for ZeroWing however is what price range did you have in mind there as well as 2 1/2 or 4 or 5.1, 7.1 surround? Cordless or wireless speakers may tend to come in pairs or two with a woofer.

PC eye

banned
I figured you weren't ready to shell out any large amount. That was one reason for pointing to the few sets Logitech seems to offer since they generally have good sounding speaker sets for a lower price.

With the Black Friday sales now in progress you may come across something you will like for a good price by simply searching various vendors trying to clear out their year end inventory. I did come across what appears to be a private seller with the chat online but no price listed for a 5.1 wireless set at http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/202529737/5_1_wireless_speakers.html

At least you know what you get when going with Logitech or another good brand however not a rather off listing.