Wireless troubles

Kboy

I recently reformatted my hard drive on my laptop and reinstalled windows XP, but now I can't get my wireless connection working correctly. The technician from Road Runner, my cable provider, set up the original connection, so I'm not sure exactly what to do, should I just call them back out? Because I know almost nothing about setting up my home network again.

Bobo

banned
Kboy said:
I recently reformatted my hard drive on my laptop and reinstalled windows XP, but now I can't get my wireless connection working correctly. The technician from Road Runner, my cable provider, set up the original connection, so I'm not sure exactly what to do, should I just call them back out? Because I know almost nothing about setting up my home network again.
Did you run the network setup wizard? Did you install the drivers for your adapter???

robina_80

make sure i know stupid question install the drivers or get the latest one from the manufacturer web-site and also make sure your router or whatever your using has the same password, channel and network name to your wireless network card otherwise your NIC wont find your router signal visa-versa