Wireless Woes

davisong

Hello, i have a Dell dimension 4600
a while ago i decided to reset the thing back to how it was when i first bought it, i was not aware i would have to reinstall all drivers manually, so, i phoned up dell, who naturally cocked it all up and now my wireless internet does not work, no drivers, nothing, worked fine before i re-set, now there is none.

will appreciate anyone who knows anything :)

thanks.

Backwoods166

the best way to get drivers is from the manufacture's website. If your wireless stopped working upon re-installation of windows then I would guess you lost the driver. Investigate what piece of hardware you have by physically looking at it or through software, i.e. control panel/hardware; and download the driver. If you have problems, let us know at what point you are having issues and we will try and help. GL!

Bodaggit23

Ahh yes. The wonderful world of Dell. I've worked on more Dell's than
any other combined.

I don't know why they make you install all the drivers separately.
They come on the disk like that. >=(

Do you have the original disks that came with the pc?

DCIScouts

VIP Member
I'd do as Backwoods suggested to get the name of the wireless adapter. Then download the drivers to a USB flash memory stick, and then transfer and install the driver on you computer. From there you should be able to use the same process to download any other drivers that you need.

Bodaggit23

I'd do as Backwoods suggested to get the name of the wireless adapter. Then download the drivers to a USB flash memory stick, and then transfer and install the driver on you computer. From there you should be able to use the same process to download any other drivers that you need.
All the drivers he needs are on those disks, providing he has them, and the
wireless card isn't aftermarket, in which case he would definitely have that
disc.

But if not, then I agree with these two guys. Look it up manually.

davisong

Ahh yes. The wonderful world of Dell. I've worked on more Dell's than
any other combined.

I don't know why they make you install all the drivers separately.
They come on the disk like that. >=(

Do you have the original disks that came with the pc?
i do have all the disks, however none of which have wireless on them :( i have a slot in wireless card with an ariel on the back to pick up my router, do i need to reinstall this??