Wireless wont connect

cesspool17

I live in a condo that has wifi access, or at least I think it does. Anyhoo, The internet had been working fine for at least a year and the other day it just stopped. My roomates laptop accesses the internet fine while my desktop wont. I am using a linksys G adapter, that same as my roommate. The day it stopped working I had been on the internet then when I went to browse later it didn't work. Everything says I am connected and have good signal strength but if I try to open a browser it gives me the "Page cannot be displayed" window. I have done several virus scans however nothing is found(I think there still might be one). Any help would be appreciated.

GameMaster

Yeah, it's possible that you've picked up some Internet virus. Let's check it out.

Click here[/color] to download HJTsetup.exe
  • Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
  • Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Additional Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
  • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
  • Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.