WMP does not Detect my MP3 player

MP3 player is a Sandisk Sansa Express model. Just one day it refused to work. Everything I have read says it's corrupted in some way. My songs consist of ones ripped from a CD and ones downloaded from Amazon.com. I think that's when my problem started.

To this day I have tried everything and still can't get it to work. Now I use Windows Media Player. Do you think if I downloaded another media player like MusicMatch and try using it with the MP3 player it would at least let me delete all the songs and I could start all over again?

Will admit I never had a problem until I started using songs that were ripped from a CD. My MP3 is only 6 months old and WMP keeps telling me it does not detect a portable device. Thanks for your input!

Demilich

MP3 player is a Sandisk Sansa Express model. Just one day it refused to work. Everything I have read says it's corrupted in some way. My songs consist of ones ripped from a CD and ones downloaded from Amazon.com. I think that's when my problem started.

To this day I have tried everything and still can't get it to work. Now I use Windows Media Player. Do you think if I downloaded another media player like MusicMatch and try using it with the MP3 player it would at least let me delete all the songs and I could start all over again?

Will admit I never had a problem until I started using songs that were ripped from a CD. My MP3 is only 6 months old and WMP keeps telling me it does not detect a portable device. Thanks for your input!

I would definitely try to download a different media player, and see what happens; it won't hurt to attempt. Try to download Winamp. I use WMP 11 with no problems, especially in concern to portable devices. Seems like the MP3 player is just corrupt, and no longer usable. Happens sometimes.

Nanobyte

In what ways does it not work? Does it turn on? Does the device show up in Explorer or My Computer? Is the Hold switch on Hold? Have you tried dragging or deleting tracks to and from the Media folder using Explorer? As far as I know you don't have to use a media player - only if you are trying to sync the mp3 player and PC.

On the assumption that you have the tracks backed up on your PC, have you tried a hard reset?

Edit: Ignore my Explorer comments. This player does not support MSC mode.

Last edited: