Wont connect to the internet using router

DaLong

Well I have a wierd problem with my internet connection. When I try connecting to the internet through a router it wont work for some odd reason, but it works perfectly fine without a router. I have bought a new router to see if its the router problem, but the same thing happens. Is the problem to do with some setting on my computer? or anything else?

bigdogz4u2

DaLong said:
Well I have a wierd problem with my internet connection. When I try connecting to the internet through a router it wont work for some odd reason, but it works perfectly fine without a router. I have bought a new router to see if its the router problem, but the same thing happens. Is the problem to do with some setting on my computer? or anything else?

You need to setup your router to work with your internet.. Best bet is to call the tech. support for the MFG. of your router and they'll give you step by step directions to how you can set your router up to work with your internet..

john238

I think it is the settings of your computer.

If you was previously using a dail up connection then this is likely to be the case as it is still trying to use your computers modem instead of your router.

Try the following:

Go into: Start > Control Panel > Network and Internet Connections > Internet Options.

Once you have gone into internet options, internet properties will popup. Click on the Connections tab and in there you will have the LAN settings. Click on that and I think you have to uncheck the proxy settings and maybe the other things aswell.

See if this works.

I am not sure if the automatically detect settings must be unticked or ticked.

Once this has been done the internet will try to connect to the internet from your router.