wont partiton

nogood

Hi, I have a p5n32-sli deluxe and a pent d and im trying to install 2 maxtor sata drives with the onboard nvidia raid controller and when i go to install windows and go to partition the hdd it goes back to the screen without any partitions. I have updated my bios to the 0308. Any help would be much appreciated. And I have checked both hard drives and they both work and it will partiton a ide hard drive that I have.

ceewi1

VIP Member
There should be a RAID driver on the mobo CD. Put it on a floppy, boot off the XP CD, and press F6 when prompted to install RAID drivers. It should then detect your RAID array.

Trizoy

VIP Member
does the bios recognize the drive? Have you enabled the SATA port in bios? To load the SATA drivers, put in the winxp CD, and pop in the 3.5 floppy disk when it says "press f6 to install raid drivers".

Then you can go an partiion it however you were trying it.

nogood

yeah I did that but when it goes to install windows it says 152 and then unpartitoned, and then when i press c to partiton it takes a min or so and then just goes back to the partion screen with it still un partitoned.
And yes the raid is installed its just not letting me partiton the drives.

Last edited:

opera936

have u installed windows on the drive yet? Assuming u have winXp installed, what i would do is to partition it in windows instead of in dos.

nogood

No, I havent installed windows on the drives yet im stuck in the partition part of the instalation.