Won't play in Home DVD Player

orion619

Hi, I made a copy of a home DVD using DVD Flick and Imgburn. I assumed this copy would be able to be played in my home player but I keep getting a no signal message on TV. The input to the TV is correct as all other DVDs play fine. Gone are the days when I had 2 players/writers in my tower and making copies were 1 click away. Would it be easier to just get an external drive and what software might I need? Sorry for the rambling questions.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
No signal means its not getting signal from the device itself. Doesn't mean anything is wrong with the disc you created.

orion619

Format? I'm not really sure. How would I go about finding that out? I'm using my Samsung home dvd player

thanks

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
When you turn on the player after being off do you see something like a home screen come up on the tv? Can you show us a screenshot of the files in explorer on the dvd? Just want to make sure they are in the correct format. Should be similar to Video TS and Audio TS files.

orion619

I get the usual blue Samsung home screen, after loading the disk the tv screen goes dark and I get that signal message as if the TV is in the wrong input, which it's not.

Attachments

• 02262021101.jpg
    02262021101.jpg
    451.6 KB · Views: 4

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
So if you open the video TS folder, Do you see files with the VOB, IFO, and BUP extensions?