Word document problems

leyla88

Can someone please advise?
I am having trouble sending word documents to people via emails,when received at the other end they cannot open the file.
I have the windows vista basic (microsoft works word processor ) , i can create word docs but they don't seem to be compatable with other users.,i am having to convert the docs into pdf files.
Any advice greatly received,thanks.

alexyu

Do you have microsoft office 2007?
Do the people you are sending to have an older version?
In this case they should install a patch or something...

patrickv

From how he formed his post he has to have 2007, the receivers will need to download the Office compatibility pack, located HERE

you can also change your default save type to: "word 97 - 2003".
To do this go to the ribbon and go to word option-->Save, then in the drop down list select the above.

leyla88

thanks for the advice,i have works 1983-2005,so i think i should install works 2007,maybe this will help.
I have tried saving to a different doc but still get the same.
I am trying to register a word doc (cv) on agency websites but it states it is unrecognisable,strange!!

patrickv

thanks for the advice,i have works 1983-2005,so i think i should install works 2007,maybe this will help.
I have tried saving to a different doc but still get the same.
I am trying to register a word doc (cv) on agency websites but it states it is unrecognisable,strange!!

i didn't notice but you have WORKS, not the Standard word.
THIS should help.
can you elaborate more when you say "register" :confused:

leyla88

it is microsoft works- version 8.5- 1987-2005.
i have XLS docs on my system,but when i try to open them it states the file is corrupted.