Work computer for under $1200.

Mint

Hello,
Sorry for starting another thread.

I just want to see everyone's opinions for a new type of build.
I want to build a computer where I can do a fair amount of word processing and internet browsing. Mainly just for school work basically. Preferably I want to have 2 or even 3 monitors, so please suggest me a GPU for such a purpose.

I would also like to have a nice CPU and a large amount of RAM, maybe 8 or 16gb.

My budget is $1200, but I can go a little bit over that amount. Can somebody please suggest me some nice builds. Please use the Australian PcPartPicker site: http://pcpartpicker.com/au/

Thanks!

Cyalume

I'm not an expert with hardware, but I know enough to say that your price range seems to overreach by a bit. A computer made only for work and school can be done quite cheaply.

Mint

I'm not an expert with hardware, but I know enough to say that your price range seems to overreach by a bit. A computer made only for work and school can be done quite cheaply.
Either way, what's the best general computer I can get for that price range? Leaning towards the side of general performance.

alexjb

wow you have a great budget, are you sure you want to spend so much on a computer for school work? you could probably get a great gaming computer for that price to :)

Mint

wow you have a great budget, are you sure you want to spend so much on a computer for school work? you could probably get a great gaming computer for that price to :)
Yeah why not! Just as long as it is within the price range! :)

alexjb

Yeah why not! Just as long as it is within the price range! :)

that's what I'm doing :) I sold loadsssss of things on eBay and spending £1076 on a computer :) I think it's $1734! :O) I wish I lived in america though I think computers are cheaper there :) my brother bought a laptop when we were on holiday in California for £350 and sold it on eBay for £700 3 months later :)