World Of Warcraft Firewall.

ScottALot

I'm trying to download some patches for WoW and it constantly says "Your computer appears to be behind a firewall." . I turned Windows Firewall off, no difference. I turned my Linksys Router Firewall off, and I thought all was good, but I guess not. I got Comodo and nothing changed, but now I can't open Yahoo Messenger to talk to the guy who was helping me out (bomberboysk). I have AVG Free on here, too, but I doubt that's the problem.

Respital

With Comodo a pop up box should appear and your best bet would be to choose 'Treat this program as: Trusted Program' otherwise you could block it permanently.

ScottALot

That never came up... also, WoW says I need to open some ports, but I don't know how to do that with the firewall.

g4m3rof1337

I get that often. I think running it as an administrator works, if not, I usually download the patches manually.

ScottALot

Do you know of any firewalls that are easy to use, not annoying, and easy to modify (open ports, for example)?

ScottALot

Ok, get this, I've gotten rid of EVERY possible firewall and it STILL says there's a firewall blocking it (I haven't even downloaded ZoneAlarm yet). I EVEN disabled the router firewall... is it possible that firewalls on the computer (downstairs) that's directly connected to the DSL is causing the problem?

Respital

Ok, get this, I've gotten rid of EVERY possible firewall and it STILL says there's a firewall blocking it (I haven't even downloaded ZoneAlarm yet). I EVEN disabled the router firewall... is it possible that firewalls on the computer (downstairs) that's directly connected to the DSL is causing the problem?

Not likely but it's always worth a try.

You are having problems with a particular port, right?

ScottALot

The Blizzard Downloader NEEDS two ports open and is reccomended to have this range of ports open, too, but that's optional. I've opened all of them... nothing

My parents have McAfee on the computer downstairs.