World of Warcraft

P11

VIP Member
I was just wondering if anybody knew how good the game is like gameplay and mainly online play. I also want to know if you think it would run well on my set-up and also on my bros set-up:

Bros set-up
Emachine 1.9ghz Celeron
512 DDR RAM
60 GB HD
Intergrated Intel Extreme 64MB video card
LAN Card

P11

VIP Member
i just found out that i have to pay for WoW after 1 month and i heard that its around $ 15.00 which is bull. So i wont get WoW and i also wont get Half-life 2 because i like online games like Diablo 2 and such, does anyone know of any good new games that are online and are similar to hl2, WoW, and D2?

aqsg72

<b>VIP Member</b>
have to pay for WoW after 1 month and i heard that its around $ 15.00

Surely thats standard for MMORPGS???

any good new games that are online and are similar to hl2, WoW, and D2?

The last good online RPG (D2) was NeverWinter Nights probably (ages ago :()

I dunno what's similar to HL2, online....erm.....UT2K4? Not similar at all I guess...HL2 is not really a game that has similar, the whole point of it is that it is the 'genre-definer', breaking the boundaries sort of ;)

WoW...well theres about to be Everquest 2 soon, but if you're hoping for a non-pay monthly on that or any other MMORPG you'll be out of luck I'm afraid.

aqsg72

<b>VIP Member</b>
Undoubtedly, yes. Think of the costs it takes to keep up and maintain active servers for so many users on such a vast scale. They would need a lot more techincal support staff and staff to just maintain the servers all of the time; since the servers are centralised and need to support massive numbers it's a lot different to other types of games.

P11

VIP Member
well, half-life 2 is a very godd campaign game and most likely by far the best in realistic gameplay. Also it included counter-strike source which is good but does anyone know if UT2K4 is any good?

Hey man, I'm a big fan of Diablo 2 myself, I believe a game called guild wars may be to your liking, I think they're still beta tsting it though.

SFR

Truth fears no questions
... just want to take a moment and reflect upon that time, many years ago, when I played Warcraft I for the first time.

Then, when I finally got Warcraft II I could not stop playing it. I would spend hours making maps (i think the largest size was) 125 X 125 in the map editor...

I would build a fortress with Orch cannon towers all over and catapults and ogres and let them start with a ton of peons... and give my self like 3 peasants with a few trees and enough space to build a ton of farms.....

ahhh.. those were the days.. before high school...

(tear almost formed in corner of my left eye...)

anyway... since warcraft II... I played Diablo and Starcraft a little.. but I kinda grew out of the computer games and moved onto women.

Anyway... I just had to reminisce about Warcraft a little....

P11

VIP Member
I believe a game called guild wars may be to your liking, I think they're still beta tsting it though.

Ya, i installed the client but now i need a key does anyone have one that i could use or does anyone know how to get 1?

canuck

World of Warcraft has it all, immersive quests, challenging mobs, great crafting, and the biggest advantage it has over it's compeditors are the PvP servers. There is no better way to test your gaming ability than to challenge the rest of the world to a dual. Yes there are subscription fees, but these go into managing the servers, paying for updated content, and ongoing company profits (this is the real world after all). I'm a big fan of this game (mmorp's in general). If anyone would like more info just pm me.

Mafesto

as for Guildwars... their beta is the first weekend of each month until the release (2/06/2005) I think.. it is an mmo but is a free one. after the cost of the retail game ofcourse.. to get into the beta. you either A) buy a pre order and recieve a code. or B) have a friend who has pre ordered, they also recieve a code that is good for ONE weekend event to give to a friend.

it is focused towards the guys who like D2. so I'd say you'll love it. im a bit deeper into the mmo's so it just didnt personally appeal to me so I got bored. if you want. I'll give you the "friends" code that came with my pre order. everyone I know either dislikes Guildwars, or already has a pre order lol.

as for WOW(World of Warcraft) my girlfriend is into it right now. got a copy from a friend as a early x-mas gift. she loves it. I think 15USD is a bit much for monthly.. last mmo I had done was for 12USD I think. but willing to give it a go anyway