Worst looking computer ;P

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Hehe, so who here uses their spair parts to throw extra systems together? Some of those can look pretty bad, can't they I've had much worse one in the past, but here's my current system that was made from spare parts.
Server.jpg

inside.jpg

Lots of ductape and zipties, and see the side missing? I have no clue where that part of the case is! :eek: But yeah, the front fan box actually has a speaker in it, and there's a wire leading to the back. The mobo is from an old IBM desktop and I swapped it into this larger case. That wire on the side is for some odd thing the mobo had connected to it. The fan on the processor was added later with zipties! All in all, I'd say I did a pretty good job with this system :)

So what other systems do we have around here

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Vinyl adds horsepower ;) I don't know the rating but that's what the riceburners beleive ;P LOL

I stuck it there mostly to help keep too much stuff from getting into the system as I was missing the dummy. That's also why I have 2 CD ROM's in there, I just didn't have a dummy that would fit. Of course, I also thought I still had the side pannel :p

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
Its too late to get my camera outnow but 2moro i will have a pic of my system that was made from spares, it dont look pretty i tell ya, but somehow i still managed to get some modern funky lighting in it. LOL

I2EN3GADE

my friend's computer was kinda like that, but he had a cooling system. he put a fan that id say was about 1000mm on the side. i dont think it ever overheats :p

DCIScouts

VIP Member
I have to say that I've never seen a computer that's warped like that and still works... Oh, and also that someone didn't necessarily intend to end up that way, or am I assuming something that I shouldn't :)

The_Other_One

VIP Member
r53s said:
Amd logo will look very fine on this black stripe (green on black), mortal...
If you didn't notice, it's a slot1 ;P Pentium III 733.

ahajv4life said:
what's so bad with that??? my computer looks JUST like it....:)
Whatever works ;)

And yes, I have seen worse computer, even made worse ones... Just this is all I have now. I wish I had some pics of my old ones... Man I had some nice makes too. I had an old Gateway desktop case that I pained red, but left some of the plastics grey. I filled in the old Gateway logo, and installed a few switches for fan control. It was really nice! I actually sold it to one of my friends.

DanLatimer

I2EN3GADE said:
my friend's computer was kinda like that, but he had a cooling system. he put a fan that id say was about 1000mm on the side. i dont think it ever overheats :p
my CASE isnt even 3 feet wide

StasysPC

i love the racing stripe lol :D ... I'd put on one too, but mine doesn't even have a front bezel so oh well...

stasyspc.bravehost.com/oldpc/oldpc1.html

Here is an ancient Pentium with 32 MB of RAM and an old (really old) Sound Blaster :rolleyes:

also complete with 6 GB HD, quadspeed cd-rom, 256 Kb of cache that plugs into the mobo , and open sides for better ventilation :D

tried to run windows XP and didn't get through the installation, but it runs windows 98 just fine...

Last edited: