Worth it?

holyjunk

He he huh.... ya. I am going to build though in a year or so. So I am not going to upgrade this one on anything besides ram. That why I asked about sound card because all I do on this is surf and listen to music on my sweet logitech z-5300. :)

Bobo

banned
holyjunk125 said:
He he huh.... ya. I am going to build though in a year or so. So I am not going to upgrade this one on anything besides ram. That why I asked about sound card because all I do on this is surf and listen to music on my sweet logitech z-5300. :)
Ya, I would say get it.

k9sabian

Nice card but...

My Audigy 2 ZS is sitting on the side. I had numerous issues with it and battlefield 2, so the card went. Got an Audigy 4 pro, and all my problems went away. Maybe I had a card in a bad batch, maybe not... but a quick search on google and I found LOADS of other people had problems with the Audigy 2 ZS. In my personal experience I'd steer clear. But, you never know you might not have any issues I am sure there are people that haven't had any problems with theirs.

Geoff

VIP Member
For $75 it isnt worth it, seeing how you can get the X-Fi XtremeMusic for around $80 when it's on sale on Newegg or in retail stores.

holyjunk

[-0MEGA-] said:
For $75 it isnt worth it, seeing how you can get the X-Fi XtremeMusic for around $80 when it's on sale on Newegg or in retail stores.
Really Omega? Does this sale happen often because I kinda of wanted something now. :p Really though? There is that much of a differance between zs and x-fi?

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
holyjunk125 said:
Really Omega? Does this sale happen often because I kinda of wanted something now. :p Really though? There is that much of a differance between zs and x-fi?

well i haven't seen one for 80 yet, but i"ve seen them online for about 90 something bucks, but that's without sales.

holyjunk

I am really considering it though. The lowest I have seen the x-fi music is for $115 and I really don't want to spend as extra $40.

bflat450

I would say that is worh it only if you are satisfied with all the other parts of your PC and sound really has an affect on the time you spend using your PC. If this sound card would definetly improve your experience gaming, listening to music, etc. then I definetly go for it.

Geoff

VIP Member
I saw the X-Fi at Staples a few days ago for around $85-$90 (forget exactly). Just take some some and look arond for some deals in the ad's on Sunday or something. I know that Newegg overcharges on their X-Fi line when they dont have any sales.