Worth It?

user87

Just out of curiosity, do you think this is worth it?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...ategoryId=pcmcat103700050044&id=1162592946851

=========================================
Apple® MacBook™ with 13.3" Display - White

Intel® Core™2 Duo mobile processor with 667MHz frontside bus, 2MB shared L2 cache and 1.83GHz processor speed

512MB PC2-5300 DDR2 SDRAM for multitasking power, expandable to 2GB (2 SoDIMM slots)

Slot-loading DVD-ROM/CD-RW combo drive

13.3" TFT-LCD widescreen display with 1280 x 800 resolution

60GB Serial ATA hard drive (5400 rpm)

Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 with 64MB DDR2 SDRAM shared video memory; video mirroring capability; support for DVI, VGA, S-video and composite video outputs (requires optional adapter; not included)

1 FireWire port (400 Mbps) and 2 high-speed USB 2.0 ports; built-in Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless interface

Built-in AirPort Extreme Card and antenna for wireless networking up to 54 Mbps (802.11g); 10/100/1000Base-T Gigabit Ethernet

Built-in iSight Web camera, stereo speakers and omnidirectional microphone; Apple remote included

Weighs 5.2 lbs. and measures only 1.1" thin for easy portability; lithium-polymer battery for up to 6 hours of battery life

Mac OS X v10.4 "Tiger" preinstalled; software package included with Spotlight, QuickTime, iLife '06 (with iTunes, iPhoto, iMovie HD, iDVD, iWeb and GarageBand) and more

---$1,099.00

AdmnPower

VIP Member
depends what you want to do with it, if you really like the different os and are only planning to do some web browsing, listen to music, and maybe some word processing it'll work fine. It's definately not going to be very good for games that is one thing you can be sure of. In addition if you go with a windows based pc you could probably get something with comparable specs for cheaper. It all depends if you like Mac or not, because you'll be spending a little bit of extra money just because it's a mac. If i were you i'd look up some laptops with comparable specifications on dell's website and see how you like those, i've personally had 2 dell laptops both of which i was very pleased with.

tommy25

Just depends on what you will be using it for, although you could dual boot it and install games they would struggle big stlye with shared graphics.

If not games then yeh looks good, but defiantely order from apple

Geoff

VIP Member
Not worth it IMO, I got the laptop in my sig for around $1200 over a year ago, thats really overpriced.