Worth The Cash

alanuofm

VIP Member
Ku-sama said:
kinda just skimmed through your thread, but my laptop was $850 when i got it, i think its about $900 now.... but the specs are in my sig...

hows the battery life on that?

X24

i was gunna get that laptop ku-sama!
its supposively 2 hours on those emachines.
i personally would want one with a 5400 or 7200rpm hdd if ur gunna be accessing alot of music. It might not really make a difference, but i'm thinking it would.
also, if he's got enough, why not go with the gateway with teh 128mb X700, better processor, 1gb ram, i think its like 1250.

alanuofm

VIP Member
X24 said:
i was gunna get that laptop ku-sama!
its supposively 2 hours on those emachines.
i personally would want one with a 5400 or 7200rpm hdd if ur gunna be accessing alot of music. It might not really make a difference, but i'm thinking it would.
also, if he's got enough, why not go with the gateway with teh 128mb X700, better processor, 1gb ram, i think its like 1250.

the performance delta between the 4200 and 5400 is fairly small with a max throughput of 0 - 4 MB/s difference. access times are also fairly similar depending on the brand. the throughput on a 7200 is quite a bit higher almost 10 MB/s in some cases and around 14 ms access time. but for the general user, the extra cash might not be worth it.

the x700 mobility isnt bad of a video card. with 8 pixel pipelines and 110M transistors it can pack the punch of a radeon 9800.

Ku-sama

banned
about two and a half hours factory shipped, but i reformatted it and lost my battery saver stuff.... so about hour and 40 as of now.... 1h:21m with 86% charge.... sooooo... its not too bad... 15.4" TFT LCD....

X24

ya, so why not step up the the gateway? its like GX7*** or something is the model number, but i forget.
Anyway, it should be perfect.

DaddyC

How It works....

the vinyl is pressed with a time code that tells the computer where in the song what ever you do to the vynil is sensed by the program speed up slow down scratch etc.

Ku-sama

banned
its a nice laptop, all my friends oogle over it... only downfall is the harddrive @ 4200RPM, but the processing power of it makes up for it.... still boots as fast as my A-XP system

alanuofm

VIP Member
Ku-sama said:
its a nice laptop, all my friends oogle over it... only downfall is the harddrive @ 4200RPM, but the processing power of it makes up for it.... still boots as fast as my A-XP system

hmm they oogle over a radeon 9600?

Ku-sama

banned
no, over how kick ass it is... my friends oogled over my 1.7ghz dell i had before i got into computers.. lol

X24

Yes, my friends kinda just say my i9300 is like a desktop with a battery attached. lol

anyway, te Gateway looks perfect. just gotta find a link

alanuofm

VIP Member
X24 said:
Yes, my friends kinda just say my i9300 is like a desktop with a battery attached. lol

anyway, te Gateway looks perfect. just gotta find a link

and the gateway laptops are any lighter?