Would you say my CPU is the next upgrade?

sniperchang

Have a look at my sig. The motherboard supports Athlon 64 X2.

I'm thinking either the X2 4200+ (2.2ghz) or 4800+ (2.4ghz)

Would these present considerable gaming improvement? Or is it better to stick with single core with much higher speed for gaming?

thanks

*For any other suggestions try to stay below $150 CAD

Ramodkk

VIP Member
A dual core is always good. Even if they are the same model (for example the Athlon64 3800+ and the Athlon64 X2 3800+)

But I would say get something higher like the 5200+ and then you can overclock to 6xxx+ speeds I reckon...

sniperchang

A dual core is always good. Even if they are the same model (for example the Athlon64 3800+ and the Athlon64 X2 3800+)

But I would say get something higher like the 5200+ and then you can overclock to 6xxx+ speeds I reckon...

Well since the 939 are leaving fast, the only thing I can find is a X2 4200+, think that will work well with the rest of my system? :)

ckfordy69

banned
Well since the 939 are leaving fast, the only thing I can find is a X2 4200+, think that will work well with the rest of my system? :)

Yeah that should work very well with your system. I would overclock your processor to get more performance out of it. Then if you want to go DX10 you could get a 8800GT or something similar but your videocard should be able to play games at decent settings for awhile yet.