Wrong info about the ram sticks?

jhonrox

Hello there,

I just noticed that the data shown about my memory modules are wrong. The memory I'm using is OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800Mhz/PC2-6400. However, when I just checked PC Wizard 2009, I saw that the info said 400Mhz. Have a look at the screenshot here:

memory1.jpg

Just to make sure, I checked with Gigabyte's EasyTune 6, which said the same thing too:

memory2.jpg

Could someone explain this to me, please? I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, AMD Athlon II X2 250 3Ghz processor and a Gigabyte GA-MA770-UD3 rev1.0 motherboard.

Thanks in advance!

jhonrox

DDR=Double Data Rate. DDR2 800 only runs at 400MHZ.

So 400Mhz is normal? Okay that's fine! So if its DDR2 1066Mhz, it will run at 533Mhz, right? But does that mean DDR3 1600Mhz runs at 533Mhz as well?

Sorry about the silly questions, I didn't knew these things; I'm not very good with technical terms unfortunately .. But thanks very much for the quick reply!

StrangleHold

Staff member
Right, but DDR3 1600 runs at 800MHZ. It double if its DDR/2/3 If its 1/2/3 doesnt matter. What it is, DDR can read or write on the rise and fall of a clock cycle. Hence it can double the data rate.

Last edited: