Wrong memory timings

Bonnyjoy

I bought 2x512mb ram modules of Corsair XMS PRO. When I looked at the review, it states that the latency timings are 2.5-3-3-6. I recently got a program called cpu-z, which looks at the computer spec. Now it states that my ram timings are as follows,

CAS LATENCY 3.0
RAS TO CAS 3
RAS PRECHARGE 3
CYCLE TIME 8

Has any body else encountered this and if so any help would be great. Just wondering if I manual change these settings to the stated ones, will there be any problems.

Thank in advanced ppl ;)

joeswm8

the ones you should have arent much different from the the stock ones at all, however if you want to change it, it should work fine because they are rated for those timings

joshj

The only way to know if it would work is to try. I'm 99% sure that it would work to put it to the rated settings.
It isn't overclocked at all, is it?

Jet

VIP Member
It should be fine if you just change them in the BIOS, however, you may want to check what voltage is required for those timings. You may have to bump up the voltage a bit.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Is this DDR or DDR2, and what speed is it rated at?
DDR, DDR2 would be XMS 2 ;) Plus with timings of 2.5-3-3-6 it sounds like PC3200. When I had corsair RAM (and even now, with OCz RAM) the timings set automagically were lower than advertised. All you have to do is set them properly in the BIOS.