WTB:8800GT Stock cooler

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone in the UK got one lying around? It has to be the thin one like this.

8800gt_512mb_cooler.jpg

Reason im after one is because the aftermarket Asus one currently on my Asus 8800GT is too chunky,and wont fit on my new mobo because of where the second Pci-e slot is,The card would hit the Power supply :p

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey thanks for replying,I dont think it would be worth the hastle of getting it over here for me to just strip it for its cooler/cover,I mean if you were in the UK then maybe yes,But..thanks anyway though.

Ive found someone with one in Scotland,i just hope he still has it.

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Last bump...the guy In scotland never replied to me....theres a couple on Ebay but theyre asking more than im willing to pay for a dead 8800GT just for its cooler.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does it have to be stock?

What ya got mate?

Basicly it has to be a really thin cooler like shown above ,otherwise it will not allow me to install my 8800GT,
must fit a G92 version of the 8800GT too.

The cooler on my 8800GT is this,But its too bulky and it hits the top of my PSU...(second Pci-e slot on my mobo is right at the bottom) :mad:

Cooler_Top.jpg

So stupid place to put it gigabyte!!!

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have that arctic Turbo thingy.

It is quite chunky, dunno whether it fits 8800GT.

Yeah it would be too tall mate :cool:,My only option is a stock cooler because its virtualy flat...just getting one is harder than i thought.

How about this?...Think that cooler would fit?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nvidia-GeForc...raphics_Video_TV_Cards_TW&hash=item1e6013c7ed

I emailed him,asking if it was the G92 version and if the fan worked...he did not answer those questions (so ive asked him again) but he did say i could have the card for £7.50 + 5.00 p&p.

He also has 2x faulty 9800Gt,s...but im not sure if the coolers on the 9800GT are the same as 8800GT?

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well managed to pick up a Dead Zotac 8800GT for 99p,and looking at the mounting holes for the cooler on this Zotac they match exactly where the holes are on my Asus 8800GT so all should be good.