WTB: Seagate ST3500620AS PCB

linkin

VIP Member
I have a customer with a firmware bricked ST3500620AS drive. I tried getting a CA-42 cable and whatnot to fix it but it just doesn't work for me cause I'm on a 64-bit system. So if anyone has a ST3500620AS lying around, or a similar, compatible model (this drive is 500GB/7200RPM/16MB) I'd love to buy it or just the PCB off of you. The customer, in his stupidity, didn't have data saved in multiple places. And I don't wanna tell him it's gone forever or have to take it to an expensive data recovery place.

Troncoso

VIP Member
Wow....That's exactly what I have. I would have had one for you cause I had 2, but I had to rma one, and at the time there were none available so I just got a refund. Now I only have 1 and I'm using it....sorry mate.

linkin

VIP Member
Wow....That's exactly what I have. I would have had one for you cause I had 2, but I had to rma one, and at the time there were none available so I just got a refund. Now I only have 1 and I'm using it....sorry mate.

No problem, if you ever upgrade to another drive, keep it for me :good:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I've got a re-certified ST3500320AS 500GB 7200RPM. Original one bricked on me as well and they sent me the same model (re-certified) as a replacement. Don't know if this one would be compatible or not.

Shipping to Aus might be a big killer though.

linkin

VIP Member
If you have any copies of a 32bit OS around you could try running a VM, just a thought.

Thanks. I might bring it to TAFE and try that as they still run XP and we do virtual machines.

I've got a re-certified ST3500320AS 500GB 7200RPM. Original one bricked on me as well and they sent me the same model (re-certified) as a replacement. Don't know if this one would be compatible or not.

Shipping to Aus might be a big killer though.

16MB of cache? or less? I'm pretty sure they need to have exactly the same specs.

linkin

VIP Member
Well thanks anyway. I guess this guy is going to have to guy without his data. Not my fault he never did backups.