WTB: Socket A mobo and processor

kyllc

Looking to buy a socket A mobo and Processor. I prefer a XP mobile chip. 8x AGP slot as well. Let me know what you have, and what you want.

I have a 939 ECS mobo with x200 express onboard video to trade as well.

no one has agp thats y u seem to be down grading actually is ur old mobo pci-e or agp everyone knows agp is teh way to go i went out of my way to get a pci-e mobo and even tho i could afford the pci-e card in i did and so should u i higly recomend it or not i na yaer when ur video card is done u wont be able to upgrade anymore

Arm_Pit

banned
AMD gs player said:
no one has agp thats y u seem to be down grading actually is ur old mobo pci-e or agp everyone knows agp is teh way to go i went out of my way to get a pci-e mobo and even tho i could afford the pci-e card in i did and so should u i higly recomend it or not i na yaer when ur video card is done u wont be able to upgrade anymore
Your typing makes my head hurt :[
Why does weather es "downgrading" or not have anything to do if people have anything thatc Socket A for sale? In your theory everyone should have upgraded to PCI-E and they should still have their old motherboard, yes?

And lunless your a heavery gamer you dont need PCI-E at all, they make 7800GS's for AGP slots still, and you can be running windows on a MX440. If your just a general computer user ther is no reason to have a PCI-E slot over APG, becuase there is no use for a better graphics card.

Last edited:

krimson_king

it has a lot to do with it. because with computers, you have outdated technology fifteen minutes after you buy something. and nobody wants outdated technology! except for nostalgic purposes, but that never helped anybody much, now did it...

kyllc

I'm building a computer for my car. looking for a system that doesn't require much of a power supply as 200W is as high as a DC-DC PS i can get reasonably priced. AMD gs Player, thanks for your sweet ghetto e-thuggin advice. So, back on topic everyone, i need a socket A mobo, and a XP Mobile chilp. let me know what you have. thanks

Lax

VIP Member
I'd look into finding an old Gateway machine on ebay, they are about the size of a large hardcover book and are PIII chips with 6USB ports and are low profile. That might be what you need instead of trying to find an XP mobile.

kyllc

i dont want your recomendations. i want a socket A mobo and processor. I'm builidng a custom case out of polycarbonite. i dont need suggestions, just parts

Lax

VIP Member
i dont want your recomendations. i want a socket A mobo and processor. I'm builidng a custom case out of polycarbonite. i dont need suggestions, just parts
Then go on ebay and buy some.

kyllc

I thought this was a classifieds section. So i posted a WTB add. Hey guys, i dont want to sound like a jerk, but if you have nothing worthwhile to add, why post?

shadowstoner

lol here in the future i might have a sis 730 socket a with i think 4x agp i know its not exactly what ur looking for but its something

Adam135

I'm selling my Quazar Motherbord, with-

1, 1024Mb (2X512) PC2700 DDR333 Ram (HS Cooled)
2, Athlon XP 2700+ (Socket A) (Low power consumption)
3,Motherbord- Agp 8x, 4XPCI
4,Akasa AK-827-BL AMD COOLER

Just applied Artic Silver. Stays cool

No of the items above are/have been OCed at any point.

I am looking for the higest price, nothing under $75 please

Seling due to upgrade, I currently have two CUPs (The one i'm selling) and XP 3000+

Oh shipping from UK, but I will split the Delivery 50/50.

Last edited: