wtb: TI-83+ Data trasfer cable/LCD screen for a Compaq Presario

bamhm182

Like the title says, I'm looking for a the cheapest place to get a Data Transfer Cable to connect my TI-83+ graphing calculator to a USB port on my computer.

I tried splicing a USB cord to part of a cable that was made for the TI calculators, but it didn't work, if anyone has any tips to get it to work, if I need drivers or something, please tell me.

The other thing I'm looking for is an LCD screen for a Compaq Presario, I forget EXACTLY what model number it is, if you need it, tell me and I'll get the model number ASAP. I don't have a LOT of money to spend on it, so where's the cheapest place I can get one?

bamhm182

I was afraid you'd say that. Thanks anyways though.

Also, I doubt it, but does anyone know if it's possible to have a NES emulator on TI-83+ calculators, or any other videogame system emulators.

EDIT: Does it have a USB jack on one end and one that's the size of a cell phone's headset plug at the other end?

If so, how much would you sell it to me for? If you would...

footballstevo75

I was afraid you'd say that. Thanks anyways though.

Also, I doubt it, but does anyone know if it's possible to have a NES emulator on TI-83+ calculators, or any other videogame system emulators.

EDIT: Does it have a USB jack on one end and one that's the size of a cell phone's headset plug at the other end?

If so, how much would you sell it to me for? If you would...

No, no emulators. Just fun games like falldown and what not.
The TI 89 is probably different. My TI 84 plus is like the normal usb that camera's use.

bamhm182

Thought so, oh well, those games are fun! I was looking around and there are some little mario imitations you can download.

Also, this is what I need:

usb-link-cable.jpg

I think this might be the cheapest place to get one. Calculator Exchange.

EDIT: Is your cable like this?

usb_cable_a_b.jpg

If so, I need one of those calculators, oh well, mine was only like $5 at a yard sale, so I can't complain, it's an $85 calculator on newegg, plus mine's clear green, I haven't seen any other clear green ones.

Last edited:

bamhm182

It doesn't matter, as long as it will work.

I've got a serial port on my PC.

Would you be willing to sell it to me? If so, for how much?

epidemik

If so, I need one of those calculators, oh well, mine was only like $5 at a yard sale, so I can't complain, it's an $85 calculator on newegg, plus mine's clear green, I haven't seen any other clear green ones.

Nice, you scored. 5$ is amazing. The clear green ones are awesome.
Have you checked ebay?

EDIT: Just checked, theres a couple: http://listings.ebay.com/_W0QQsocmd...=compare&copagenum=1&coentrypage=search&fgtp=

http://cgi.ebay.com/USB-Graph-link-...ryZ41391QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Lol, or maybe it not comming with a cable is a sign you should be focusing on school and not games. JK JK, calculator games FTW...just dont get caught. That never goes over well.

Last edited:

bamhm182

Yeah. The cheapest one I saw on there was like $16 I think.

One was about $7 until the last 5 minutes, than it shot up to like $25! :eek:

PohTayToez

Dude, $9 is nothing to throw down for something that lets you play Tetris in class. You can get all kinds of great games.

bamhm182

I didn't see any games I knew, but I'm sure it'd be worth it. Just have to figure out how to get the $15. :p

I think I know how I can, but I'd have to sell my blu-tooth.

My mom got a new cellphone that supports it, and I got one for my PS3, but I never use it, so it just sits on my desk, I could probably sell it to her for about $20.