wtf is going on

skaven

ok guys, im not really sure whats going on. My computer will read dvds, burn dvds, burn audio cds ... but it wont read an audio cd, store bought or burnt. Its a fairly new computer(bought last year). Any ideas im completly lost

skaven

no..i recently formatted my computer. I went from windows vista back to xp. It has the microshaft driver..in "device manager" the rom is called .. "ATAPI DVD A DH16AYH" .. if that helps, I tired searching that in google to find the stock driver but it turned up nothing

paratwa

Have you checked to make sure that sound is enabled for it in your sound control panel? There is an option to mute it, make sure it does not have a check mark under the cd audio slider.

If you have a little speaker icon in the lower right side of your screen, right click on it and open the volume control. If you see the cd audio selection, make sure it does not have a check mark. If you do not see a cd audio selection open your sound control panel, at the top click on options / property's and select cd audio, it should then show up.

skaven

oh it will play sound off a dvd...but when I put a audio cd in it doesnt even register theres a CD in the drive...in "my computer" it says there is no disc inserted...i know it used to work but its been awhile since I bought some new cds and I was just gonna put them into Itunes but it wont even pick up that I put a CD in