wtf's goin on ?

ecstasy

Ok so, i've got a kinda new cpu with Vista, dual core blahblah..u know. Problem is, even though i have 4gb RAM, the last couple of days it's been changing from very fast to slow and tired, its like on/off. Internet explorer gets stuck about every 5th minute..just stops working. I can't even close the window, so I shut down iexplore.exe every time it gets stuck and opens a new one. GTA San Andreas doesn't work, it says" gta_sa has stopped working"..Counter Strike doesn't work either, the loading bar when connecting to a server getsstuck and i have to shut down hl.exe cuz everything is frozen..I noticed there's about 10 rundll32.exe running, and i might be kinda low on knowledge about cpus but that cant be right?..also, when I start up internet explorer ( 1 window ), there's 3 or more iexplorer.exe poppin up?...and sometimes the whole cpu freezes and i have to end explorer.exe ..I'd really appreciate if some1 could help me out here since i'm not so in to computers my self..not totally lost though but still, ..thanks!

a swede in need of help

ecstasy

y, i've tried spybot and AVG anti virus..they found like 7 trojans..but the problem remains..internet still gets stuck..

Punk

Staff member
Ok if you want I can check if I see any virus in your Hijackthis log...

Click here to download HJTsetup.exe
  • Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
  • Double click on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
  • By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
  • Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Additional Tasks dialogue.
  • Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
  • Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
  • At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
  • Click on the Do a system scan and save a log file button. It will scan and then ask you to save the log.
  • Click Save to save the log file and then the log will open in notepad.
  • Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
  • Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
  • DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.

That way we'll know if it's a malware infection or not.

WeatherMan

You found 7 trojans and havent reformatted?

Its likely that the AV didnt entirely remove these problems.

Theres probably something still on your system munching cpu power whenever it pleases / periodically..

WeatherMan

Me? Usually, but i reinstall from an backup so it only takes 5mins
Depends on the intensity of the one in question

Usually removing it with AV alone won't remove the full infection, but this depends on the trojan, however the suggestion above will do a pretty thorough job an its your best bet if you dont want the horror of a reformat :p

Last edited:

WeatherMan

Oh, wow :D

Sorry 'Punk' (No pun intended :cool:)
I thought you were the thread creator, an didnt realise you were the guy posting the HTJ suggestion, my above thread was directed to the Op, sorry if my post came across as a bit ignorant :)

Last edited:

Punk

Staff member
You can never know for sure. If it is a real pro, things can be hidden like you wouldn't believe

we have tools made to locate any infection.

Of course it might take time to clean a computer from a very powerful infection but it is always possible.