X-540 + ipod = ?

theasian100

Hi! i just got my X-540 speaker set and it's AWESOME! but my question is. does anyone know how i can hook it up to my ipod? any help would be nice. THANKS!

kobaj

VIP Member
I cant tell if you're being honest or not? I mean, you have an ipod in the first place so Im gunna take it that you really dont know how to plug in speakers. Its rather simple, plug the green cord into the headphone socket on the ipod, done!

In order to not sound like a sarcastic a$$hole I am forced to assume that your trying to plug in both your computer and ipod at the same time? Wont happen Im afraid, the two outputs would interfere with each other (once again, assuming cause google finds me nothing on male/male+female adapters). You could use a straight male/male connector to connect your ipod to your input on your computer, then let it play through the computers output. But if your ipod is that close to the pc, and the pc is on, why not use cruddy itunes?

If your willing to make it a dual 2.1 setup, you could leave the green plug in your pc, take the orange (whatever color the other two satellite speakers are) and plug that cable into your ipod. And your pc and ipod would play at the same time/the pc would not have to be on, but as I said, you lose 5.1 functionality.

The last possibility is that your trying to run the speakers off of optical/digital. In which case I dont think ipods can do either without some kind of expensive converter, in which case, just use your pc. And I know for a fact those speakers have the regular analog set up, so just use those.

Unless Im misunderstanding your question, sorry. Hope I helped :).

P.S. I have the same speakers and I do agree, AWESOME :D.
P.S.S. Didnt realize you were a new person here, sorry if I come off harsh.

Last edited:

theasian100

:D thanks its ok :p thanks for you time and i surprisingly forgot about the green wire. i forgot it was a regular stereo type jack instead of the Phono type plug like the speakers. Once again. Thanks :D