X-fi and frame-rate

mAJORgAMER

They say on the X-fi box that it will upgrade your gaming performance by 15%. I have a hard time to believe this so im asking you ppl who have a X-fi what u think.

If u can compare it to a sound blaster 2 Zs it would be great.

P.s. Im really close to buy one but i still expensive.

mAJORgAMER

holyjunk125 said:
It is worth is compared to a zs. It will improve gameplay in terms of sound too. Also, you can get it on newegg for 80 bucks but you better hurry it is just today.
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Sound Card - Retail at Newegg.com

Ty but i live in Canada. I wish we had a retailer like newegg here.

But for the game's do you think u can have a +10 frame-rate/seconde whit the x-fi compare to an sound blaster 2 zs?

bball4life

mAJORgAMER said:
Ty but i live in Canada. I wish we had a retailer like newegg here.

But for the game's do you think u can have a +10 frame-rate/seconde whit the x-fi compare to an sound blaster 2 zs?
Don't know so much about that big of a gain over the 2zs but over integrated sound definately, integrated sound really puts a load on your mobo.

Geoff

VIP Member
Any dedicate sound card (like the X-Fi) takes alot of load off the CPU, since with integrated the CPU is processing all of the audio, and with a sound card the card processes it all, not the CPU, so you will see an increase in performance.

Now if you're going from something like the Audigy 2ZS to the X-Fi, you wont see much if any improvement FPS wise.