X-Fi Fatality

ChrisUlrich

I have three (3) "Modes."

Entertainment
Audio Creation
Game

Think there's a difference?

Digital Output Sampling Rate?
It was set at 48khz at default, I switched it to 96khz (Only other option). What does this do?

In an option for Dolby there is three settings for "Dynamic Range."
What should I be using since I am not aware of the changes being made.
Full (Maximum)
Normal (Standard)
Night (Minimum)

24 Bit Crystalizers... do you actually use this? I am a little unsure of my opinion on this as of now. I just found out about these modes so I was using "Game Mode" for all my sounds. I have yet to adjust my "Entertainment" mode to see how my music sounds.

Do you guys use your Smart Volume Management? It sounds pretty cool so I have it enabled.

CMSS-3D... do you use XPand or Stereo? What does XPand do anyway?

I am using Stereo with it 75% towards the rears since they are farther away from me.

Any suggestions of a maximum setup here?

Archangel

VIP Member
I think you have analog speakers connected, no? then you dont have to worry about the digital output sampling iirc.

the 24bit crystalizers are merely there to make the sound sound better, weither you like them or not, you enable/disable them.

the Xpand thingy,.. only if you use surround speakers as far as i know.

Geoff

VIP Member
If you dont know what those mean, or if you dont know much about audio, I would just leave everything at default.

Personally I find that the Game mode sounds the best with music and movies as well, however I change a few other settings when I do that.