X-Fi Mic input not working.

Grey410

Ok. I bought an X-Fi Xtreme Gamer and it works great...but my microphone will not work with it. I've trouble shot it everyway I can think of. It has a flexijack connect that is supposed to be a digital in/out and mic/line 2 in/out. The option is in the setup for the card but it's not highlighted. Any thoughts? Suggestions? I've even contacted their crap support to no avail.

Geoff

VIP Member
Have you gone to the volume control center in Windows and un-muted the Mic and Line inputs?

Grey410

Unmuted

Yes I've unmuted it. In both SB settings and windows. It's odd. My computer pics up my webcam mic (usb) fine.

Last edited:

Archangel

VIP Member
What Mic do you have (and chanse on trying a other mic)
You're sure you have it in the right port? ( don't ask.. i tried setting up mine for 3 hour's.. then i noticed it was plugged in the line in instead of the mic in... )
and last but not least... what do you mean with flexijack? ;)

Grey410

No mic

What Mic do you have (and chanse on trying a other mic)
You're sure you have it in the right port? ( don't ask.. i tried setting up mine for 3 hour's.. then i noticed it was plugged in the line in instead of the mic in... )
and last but not least... what do you mean with flexijack? ;)

The X-fi combines the line in 2 /mic in with the digital in/out. But I can't even enable it in the setup screen. It's grayed out. I see light coming out of the jack but no worky. I tried all the other jacks to idiot test myself.