X-FI xtreme music soundcard problem

ckfordy

banned
i just installed my xfi souncard and when i play music i get fluctuations in the music it goes from soft to loud then back down again and it keeps doing this. does anybody know why?
and why is it that when i turn the bass up in the settings for the soundcard i get a lot of bass in the speakers i dont want the bass in the speakers just in the subwoofer does anybody know how to limit it to that?
my speakers are the logitech Z-5500
any help is appreciated

Geoff

VIP Member
I had the same exact problem! It has something to do with the mode being set to "music", i had mine set to game mode for everything (isnt much of a diffference anyway). So i would keep it on Game Mode.

As for the bass, doesnt your remote have a bass control on it?

ckfordy

banned
geoff5093 said:
I had the same exact problem! It has something to do with the mode being set to "music", i had mine set to game mode for everything (isnt much of a diffference anyway). So i would keep it on Game Mode.

As for the bass, doesnt your remote have a bass control on it?

if your talking about the remote control for the soundcard i dont have one it didnt come with it. but the control center thing for my speakers doenst have a bass thing either. thanks for the help.

Geoff

VIP Member
i was talking about the speakers, i know it has a remote but you say that there isnt a bass thing on there, thats weird since the z-5300 does.

ckfordy

banned
geoff5093 said:
i was talking about the speakers, i know it has a remote but you say that there isnt a bass thing on there, thats weird since the z-5300 does.

there isnt anything that says bass on the remote. there is something that says sub, center. surround thing. but i tried that and it has nothing to do with the bass. thanks for the help.