X-Fi XtremeGamer Installation

D-Roo

Could someone (with lots of computer and sound card experience) please tell me the correct way to install my X-Fi XtremeGamer sound card...I've heard that it can cause major problems if you dont install it right so I dont want to take any chances. I use windows vista by the way.

My Computer Specs...

-Antec 900 Case
-Abit IP35 Pro Motherboard
-E6750 (I think thats the right number) Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz Processor
-2 gigs Kingston HyperX
-eVGA 8800GTS 640mb
-700W FSP Power Supply
-WD 250 GB Hard Drive

I hope that gives all the need info (if needed at all)

Again...I use windows vista...So it would be best to hear from someone who uses vista and uses a X-Fi XtremeGamer Sound Card...

-Thanks

Could someone (with lots of computer and sound card experience) please tell me the correct way to install my X-Fi XtremeGamer sound card...I've heard that it can cause major problems if you dont install it right so I dont want to take any chances. I use windows vista by the way.

My Computer Specs...

-Antec 900 Case
-Abit IP35 Pro Motherboard
-E6750 (I think thats the right number) Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz Processor
-2 gigs Kingston HyperX
-eVGA 8800GTS 640mb
-700W FSP Power Supply
-WD 250 GB Hard Drive

I hope that gives all the need info (if needed at all)

Again...I use windows vista...So it would be best to hear from someone who uses vista and uses a X-Fi XtremeGamer Sound Card...

-Thanks

Just install the drivers and turn off the PC....Install the card into a PCI slot, and then boot up and it should work... You might want to remove your old drivers for your old sound card and disable it in BIOS. Make sure to discharge your static electricity.

D-Roo

Well I have an Abit iP35 pro that has an integrated sound chip or whatever...does this mean that there will be drivers that i need to uninstall? And if so, where would i find the files that i need to uninstall? and what would the files be called (if you know). Also, when you say "disable it is BIOS" what does that mean and how i do it? I'm not very good with BIOS so i dont really know what you mean to well. I do know what BIOS are though. And how do you get to the BIOS again? And, how would i discharge the static electricity?

ducis

go into your BIOS through logic find an option to disable your integrated sound and enable your X-Fi card

D-Roo

So basically the steps are:

1. Install X-Fi Drivers
2. Go to Bios and turn off integrated sound
3. Turn off computer and put in the X-Fi PCI card
4. Turn on computer, go to BIOS, and enable X-Fi sound

Is that the way to do it? But what about uninstalling old sound drivers? Do I need to do that? If so, where do I find those old integrated sound drivers?