x-mas request?

LastElement0

well this year,just like any of the last few years, i'm asking for a laptop. hopefully this year will be a success seeing as next year ill be starting college. now i was wondering other than dell who's a good retailer for all-around laptops(internet, document processing, gaming, etc.)?

Apathetic

Dell can make a pretty solid laptop, so I hear a lot. Hp, ehh theyre going down hill from what people say. Youd have to find out by asking someone who has one. You can check out places like zipzoomfly.com or newegg.com they usually have plenty of notebooks on sale.

Geoff

VIP Member
There Inspiron 9300 line can be an excellent gaming laptop, just make sure you dont get integrated graphics. The GeForce Go 6800 would be a very nice choice, along with a PM.

LaptopExtreme

VIP Member
Apathetic said:
Dell can make a pretty solid laptop, so I hear a lot. Hp, ehh theyre going down hill from what people say...
That's weird, I would say vice versa. I think the quality of HP has been pretty good lately, including the Compaq's. The budget Dells have the same characteristics... big, fat, and heavy. Cheap plastic build and creaky. And dont get me started with their support... HP's support has been very good lately, they've even got a live support chat now.