x-tra stuff

g4m3rof1337

ok
i need to run-down somethings

i need 1 intake and 1 outtake 120mm fan /plastic or metal blades?/
Do i need additonal cooling? like pci fan or something? ram,hdd cooling?

/this should be in drive bay section, but i dont want to flood threads./
i need two reliable and fast good priced cd/dvd combos

thanks

69mako

ok
i need to run-down somethings

i need 1 intake and 1 outtake 120mm fan /plastic or metal blades?/
Do i need additonal cooling? like pci fan or something? ram,hdd cooling?

/this should be in drive bay section, but i dont want to flood threads./
i need two reliable and fast good priced cd/dvd combos

thanks

My opinion is that you can never have enough cooling. I have 1 intake and 2 exhaust fans on my case. I'm thinking about adding fourth. Also, I'm using the smaller ?80mm? fans. Mine are plastic. I don't know if I've seen metal blades before. I don't have any additional cooling besides the case fans....

I like NEC brand optical drives/burners.

Mako

Archangel

VIP Member
Go for Plastic Fans... metal ones look fun perhaps.. but they dont add anything (besides,.. the greater mass makes them consume more power, heating them up more)
I dont have a HDD cooler or a PCI cooler atm,.. and im running i gues about the hottest running grafic's cards around ( feel free to correct me if im wrong on that ofcourse :eek: ) so my gues would be you dont need them either.
remember,.. adding too much will make the pc noisy (since soundwaves can add up on eachother) besides that, the pc would consume more power (unnececairely imo :) ). the 2 120mm Fan's are a good idea, since they will keep the case pretty cool.. everything else is pretty much useless.. unless you run into trouble ;)

Jet

VIP Member
Fan's don't take much power...

Right now, I have 2x120 exhaust (1 from PSU), 1x120mm intake (want to replace that soon with one that I can turn up to the max, like 72CFM) and then 1x80mm intake on the side.

Archangel

VIP Member
I never said they did..
but they do feedback distorsion to the PSU, making the voltage's riple become bigger.

g4m3rof1337

how does one do that? lol
but id just like 2-3 4 tops of fans for cooling maybe not a fourth fan but maybe a pci cooler or something

but uh...can i get a link for 2 drive bays *cd/dvd*

thanks

Jet

VIP Member
I know that Antec Tricool fans are good. I'm thinking of getting another 120mm and a 92mm of them.