X1600 Pro Overclock?

Tyco

I just got an ATI Radeon X1600 Pro 512mb. Do you think I should overclock it? I can run Doom3 at High Quality at around 60 FPS average, so it would just be for giggles and sh*ts, I guess. I have ATITool just for temp monitoring, but would it be prudent to OC the card? Safe?

Thanks,
Ty :cool:

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
Sure, you can overclock it. It may allow you to gain some performance so it wasnt as bad of a purchase :p

Tyco

[-0MEGA-];528428 said:
Sure, you can overclock it. It may allow you to gain some performance so it wasnt as bad of a purchase :p

I don't think it was a bad purchase. I have been playing around with the settings on Doom 3, and I can run it at High Quality at 1024x768 and get 60 FPS according to Fraps...not too shabby... I mean, it's still a nice card.

Geoff

VIP Member
I don't think it was a bad purchase. I have been playing around with the settings on Doom 3, and I can run it at High Quality at 1024x768 and get 60 FPS according to Fraps...not too shabby... I mean, it's still a nice card.

It's a fair card, but for about $80 you could have bought an x800GTO which is a better performer.