X2 6000+ 89w

Twist86

So I am curious I hear the X2 6000+ 89w version has 1mb cache per core but where do you buy it now?

I am interested in a "last amd" upgrade mainly to play FC2 wait till next year for everything to go Quad and there be mass support for it.

Anyone know of a good site to buy from? Reason I ask is I found a few sites claiming 89w but the box they used was the 125w version and the code on chip was for the 125w
Newegg was selling it but the day before I went to order it magically poofed.

If I buy the wrong chip I will destroy my motherboard it can't handle anything past 95w.

Also would a Artic 64 Pro be able to keep it cool? I think it would but id like to make sure thanks.

Last edited:

Twist86

small update I am just curious think it would be wiser to get a X2 5800+ its 3.0ghz too but what would having 512 per core vs 1mb per core do?

What exactly is the perk for AMDs cache? Would it effect game play dramatically having more?
Also The 5800+ would I need to buy a new cooler or would my Freezer 64 Pro work? I don't like stock cooling.

Also a E6600 Core 2 Duo whats the AMD equal?

Mitch?

banned
i'd say a 6400+ is closest to an E6600, simply in stock terms though
your AC F64 Pro will be fine for any dual core, really any cpu...
and i'm not sure how much 1mb cache will do... i'd say it'd help of course, but i'm not sure if its going to be massive..