xblade psu problem!

dreaminginred

Hey, i got my motherboard today, but when i opened it, i saw it had two power connections in order to power it. a 24 pin and a 4 pin. I know that the xbalde case that i ordered has a 20 pin but i ordered an adapter to turn it into 24 pin. I dont know anyother details about the case, except that has a 460 watt power supply. What can i do if it doesnt have the 4 pin power thing??do i have to use it aswell as the 24 pin power??
equipment i will be using.
AMD Athlon 3700+ 2.2ghz
epox ep-9npa+ ultra
point of view geforce 6600gt 256mb
hitachi 160gb hdd
benq dvd r/rw
windows xp media center 2005
1gb ram
this is all i know about the psu,,,and i dont really understand it
460Watt TUV power supply
Power connectors Molex : 4 - Floppy: 2
Output 5 V : 30 A - 12 V : 30 A - 3,3 V : 28 A

please somebosy help me??

Last edited:

s_m_w_d

Well the 20 pin is the power for the motherboard and I think the 4 pin is to power the cpu.

ps: hows the weather in waterford!

dreaminginred

thanks anyway, now i have to get a new psu:mad:
lol,,,,and the crappy weather here isnt helping either,,,,it just stoped raining, and now its all grey and cloudy outside :mad:

s_m_w_d

wait you said you had 24 pin just get the adapter to go down to 20 pin!

ay the weather was nice up in Bray today!

s_m_w_d

what is the other connection for? do you know what you are looking for when you are buying one or guessing?

dreaminginred

its for the processor, i thought it woz only present on pentium 4 boards, but as i found, it is now on amd boards, and i didnt take that into consideration. I will just hope for the best, the psu and case im buying are fairly recent, so they might have the connection!