Xbox 360 Problems

SLLAB02

Our Xbox 360 will allow networking with my computer but not my roomates. Mine works perfectly but the Xbox 360 won't even detect his computer, even when mine is turned off and taken off the Xbox 360 network through the Xbox 360 Dashboard.
We both have Windows Media Connect and as far as I can see we both have it set up pretty much the same.
I know these details aren't very specific but what are the first things to look for while troubleshooting this kind of problem? It IS possible to have two computers hooked up to the Xbox 360, right?

foschia

I dont know much about the xbox 360 because personally I am a computer person (hint: me being a member) but have you tried just taking a patch cable and pluging it directly into your roomates computer and see if that works

P11

VIP Member
When I was running Windows XP I had the exact same problem. I tried every fix known to man and still no avail. When I installed Vista the xbox 360 was detected in seconds and set-up within minutes....one of the easiest installs I've ever done. Aside from that you could try posting your problem on the xbox forum, they have some quick fixes and such. Good Luck!

way2evil

i think the 360 can only be connected to one at a time. try disconnecting his comp for a minute and try to connect your comp