Xbox Controller

blando233

Hey guys i just bought a wired xbox controller and how do i get it to work? I want to use it for Call of duty modern warfare. Im not even sure if you can use controller for it but if so i want to usethe xbox controller for it. Please help i have Vista 64 also thanks guys

Xfire screen name : inyaface1

stephenniall

Errr You can get a old xbox cut the end off and solder a male usb Plug to it Its quite simple But theres not many instructions on how to do it

JlCollins005

check around on xbox-scene forums im sure there is a guide on there, but yea u take apart the dongle, if ur using an xbox 1 controller and solder a usb to it, and then u need to google for xbcd drivers, for 360 wired i believe u just gotta google the drivers

Droogie

For Xbox 360, simply plug it in and it will install the drivers. (if not google them)

I think CoD4 has already mapped the 360 controller, I could be wrong though. If not, there are a whole skew of 360 mapping programs out there that you can use.

This is the one I used: link

lawson_jl

The Xbox360 controller works great. Most newer games actual recognize the control which is great so instead of saying press Direct X button 1 it says press B.

Droogie

The Xbox360 controller works great. Most newer games actual recognize the control which is great so instead of saying press Direct X button 1 it says press B.

yea, but there are also a lot games that you would think support it, that don't.

lawson_jl

Like Tiger Woods 08. But the way you swing by pulling back on the mouse and pushing forward is a little hard to emulate on a controller. But the game seems to play fine on the consoles to.