Xbox VAG+Sound

Machin3

Xbox VGA+Sound

Hey everyone. I'm having a little problem here. I have a vga cable for the xbox which i have connected to the monitor. Then , I split the audio so that it goes from one to the pc and the other to the xbox. When both are plugged in I hear the computer fine but the Xbox is very low in sound. If I just plug in the xbox then I could here it fine. What do I do to split the sound and have it working for both?:confused::confused:

Last edited:

ScottALot

It seems like the cable you got doesn't really send two of the same signals, it sends two of 1/2 of the signal. Maybe you could do something to have it hook up to your computer and then your computer exports sound to your monitor.

Machin3

Thanks for the suggestion ScottALot. I just decided to go with an extra set up speakers that I hooked up to the xbox.

blazin8556

my wii does that. its split going to the tv and a capture box. video was dim but i plugged in the svideo on my cord. (i have some all in on cord from gamestop, has xbox360, ps3 and wii plug on one side and 3 rca's and 1 svid)

Drenlin

What's happened, I think, is that the PC's sound card has a lower impedance than the xbox's. Since electricity will always follow the path of least resistance, the PC gets more of the audio juice.

Does anyone know why you can change the subject of the OP, but not the thread title?