XFX 5870 and Diamond 5870, very strange

Gabe63

This is very strange to see both of these together. It looks to me like the XFX 5870 is a 5850 that is being called a 5870. It is much shorter, has power con in the back like the 5850 and no PC board cover. The whole thing looks like it is much lower quality than the Diamond. These are my photos and the XFX was a retail sealed new box. The XFX will go back.

The photos also match what is on the XFX web site for the HD-587X-ZNFC

IMG_9971.jpg

IMG_9976.jpg

Last edited:

linkin

VIP Member
Use GPU-Z and see what the XFX is before you send it back.

If it is a 5870 it should have a GPU clock of 900mhz, memory clock of 1100mhz, 1600 shaders and a 140.8Gbps memory speed rating.

post the screenie of GPU-Z here.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
I dont think thres anything worry about,Diffrent brands/vendors use diffrent pcbs and coolers for their cards...XFX might have just compacted more things together and made the PCB smaller.

Matthew1990

I dont think thres anything worry about,Diffrent brands/vendors use diffrent pcbs and coolers for their cards...XFX might have just compacted more things together and made the PCB smaller.

Yeah, look at the 4850 from sapphire and compare it to others.

The Chad

Use GPU-Z and see what the XFX is before you send it back.

If it is a 5870 it should have a GPU clock of 900mhz, memory clock of 1100mhz, 1600 shaders and a 140.8Gbps memory speed rating.

post the screenie of GPU-Z here.

The 5870 has a clock speed of 850mhz, but it'll probably be displaced as 157mhz due to the energy saving thing. And the memory clock is 1200mhz with 166.4Gbs.. :eek:

Gabe63

When CCC did not recognize the card until windows found new drivers and rebooted I ran GPUZ and I could not see a diff. I did not clean the old 5870 drivers out, not really convinced I should have to, but it plays glitchy after about 5 mins. Keep in mind I am biased by how cheep the build seems compared to the diamond so there is probably nothing wrong with the card.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
When CCC did not recognize the card until windows found new drivers and rebooted I ran GPUZ and I could not see a diff. I did not clean the old 5870 drivers out, not really convinced I should have to, but it plays glitchy after about 5 mins. Keep in mind I am biased by how cheep the build seems compared to the diamond so there is probably nothing wrong with the card.

That is why XFX aways tend to be cheaper,probably because they use cheaper stuff :)

I have an XFX 4890,Exept the cooler on mine looks like your Diamond 4870....but without the backplate.

not had a single issue with my current 4890,Runs great.