XFX, BFG or EVGA 8800gt?

koOp

to me, the cheapest one out of the 3 brands. i fink people will tell u get evga for that step up program thingy

Kornowski

VIP Member
To be honest, the cheapest. It doesn't really make any difference, if one brand has slightly higher clocks, just OC yours... :)

smerk

What exactly does the step up program do? I know you get the next gen card as a replacement, but isnt it only for like a week after ur purchase?
P.S the prices are as follows in Australia:
EVGA - $255.00
XFX - $230.00
BFG - $277.00

hermeslyre

VIP Member
What exactly does the step up program do? I know you get the next gen card as a replacement, but isnt it only for like a week after ur purchase?
P.S the prices are as follows in Australia:
EVGA - $255.00
XFX - $230.00
BFG - $277.00

Within 90 days, after the purchase an EVGA card, you have the option of trading it in for full credit towards any card. FULL credit. ANY card. That's sexy. Other than that I agree with those that say cheapest. EVGA has a reputation for quality, but so do the others so it all becomes moot.

shenry

Man I payed 400 bucks (AU) for my 8800GT!! I could have waited a month till the prices went down but I wanted it then....

If you like door hangers then go XFX!! Otherwise go EVGA I say.(Rhyme not intended) My XFX came with Company of Heroes. So there's good value there. But I would go with the EVGA really. For the step up program and the fact they don't care weather you overclock or not. Or at least that's what I heard.

EDIT: Don't forget to register within 30 days so you can get your warrenty. I forgot to so I only have a yearly warrenty with XFX... Not sure about EVGA or BFG but check anyway.

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
well all of them are good well known makes so any of them,May i also recomend Asus ;)

get the one with the Glaciator cooler,runs very cool ;)