XFX GeForce CARDS

stovex

I want to know what is the best graphic card between XFX GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB Black Edition and XFX GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB. Because the GTX+ cost 280$(canadian) and the 8800 GTX 270$(canadian) on newegg.ca

Specification of the XFX GeForce 8800 GTX (copie past from newegg and here the website by the way http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150205

Model
Brand XFX
Model PVT80FSHF9
Interface
Interface PCI Express x16
Chipset
Chipset Manufacturer NVIDIA
GPU GeForce 8800 GTX
Core clock 575MHz
Stream Processors 128
Memory
Memory Clock 1800MHz
Memory Size 768MB
Memory Interface 384-bit
Memory Type GDDR3
3D API
DirectX DirectX 10
OpenGL OpenGL 2.0
Ports
DVI 2
TV-Out HDTV / S-Video Out
General
Max Resolution 2560 x 1600
RoHS Compliant Yes
SLI Supported Yes
Cooler With Fan
Dual-Link DVI Supported Yes
HDCP Ready Yes
Features
Features NVIDIA unified architecture with GigaThread technology
NVIDIA Lumenex Engine
NVIDIA PureVideo Technology
NVIDIA nView Multi-Display Technology

Card length is 10.5 inches
Packaging
Package Contents PVT80FSHF9
Driver Disk
HDTV Cable
S-Video Cable
2 x DVI to VGA/D-sub Adapter
Manufacturer Warranty
Parts Lifetime limited
Labor Lifetime limited

Specification of the XFX GeForce 9800 GTX+ Black Edition (copie past from newegg and here the website by the way http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150327

Model
Brand XFX
Model PVT98WYDBF
Interface
Interface PCI Express 2.0 x16
Chipset
Chipset Manufacturer NVIDIA
GPU GeForce 9800 GTX+
Core clock 785MHz
Stream Processors 128
Memory
Memory Clock 2340MHz
Memory Size 512MB
Memory Interface 256-bit
Memory Type GDDR3
3D API
DirectX DirectX 10
OpenGL OpenGL 2.1
Ports
DVI 2
TV-Out HDTV / S-Video Out
General
RAMDAC 400 MHz
Max Resolution 2560 x 1600
RoHS Compliant Yes
SLI Supported Yes
Cooler With Fan
System Requirements Minimum Power Supply Requirement: 450 Watt
Power Connector 2 x 6 Pin
Dual-Link DVI Supported Yes
HDCP Ready Yes
Packaging
Package Contents PVT98WYDBF
Driver Disk
User's Manual
HDTV Cable
DVI to VGA/D-sub Adapter

Twist86

Personally I wouldn't waste my cash on a x16 card.

I would buy a 9800GT x16 2.0 card...can get it for 100 bucks...or you could pick up a 4870 for 200 bucks.

You can use a 2.0 card in 1.1 slot.

stovex

Ok, well, did they make a 8800 GTX with a PCIE 2.0 x16 slot?

What is better between PCIE 2.0 and PCIE 2.0 x16? Or is the same, like for motherboard(from TigerDirect in description) they just not put the full name of the slot exemple ; show motherboard with PCIE 2.0 slot connection but the full name is PCIE 2.0 x16? I mean is it the same or is 2 different slots connection? Oh well don't answer, if you think my question are stupide(the second question) lol.

stovex

XFX Radeon 48XX Oo never heard about that, but I seen some image of this card and they look totaly like a GeForce. I didn't find any test and I can only buy from TigerDirect and Newegg and they don't sell this card and other series. So if you think the XFX 9800 GTX+ Black Edition and the XFX GeForce 8800 GTX is to expensive for the performance or what you want. Can you suggest me a graphic card, if so, don't give me the series named and series number, give me the named of the company made the card you suggest me exemple; sapphire, XFX

Thankx!

stovex

Sorry, I was meaning don't give me just the series number of the card give me the company named like sapphire, XFX(exemple) that build the card you suggest me

Well 4850 ok but wich one? lots of company made it... Tell me one that can enter in a budget of 150$ -250$(canadian)

And did a ATI card can be compatible with a SLI motherboard?

But I have also buy a GIGABYTE GeFOrce 9800 GT OC 1GB here the link from where I buy it http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=35035&vpn=GV-N98TOC-1GH&manufacture=Gigabyte do you think I need to change for a better one or this one are pretty good? Opinion please :)

Last edited: