XFX Nvidia 6600 256mb - No GREEN???

JoryByte

I just booted a new system I am building my dad for christmas, the specs are below. My problem is when I plug into the VGA port on the card I have no greens, but if I plug into the dvi side all is well. I have 2 lcd monitors sitting here, one is a 17" CTX and the other is an 18.1" Microtek, and both have the same problem. Any suggestions?

Hardware Specs:

- XFX Geforce 6600 PCI-E 256MB version (latest driver 66.93)
- Gigabyte GA-8gnxp Duo Motherboard (bios updated)
- Intel P4 3ghz Prescott
- 512MB 400mhz(2x256) dual channel hyperam ddr
- Maxtor 80GB 7200RPM 8mb SATA
- CDRW and Floppy

Thanks,
James

Last edited:

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Could be a faulty VGA cable or a faulty VGA connector on the video card. Have you tried another cable?

JoryByte

2 diff. cables

Each monitor has its own cable, I guess that leads me to a faulty VGA port on the Video Card? :confused:

JoryByte

lol :D

The greens I am refering to are in reference to the 3 primary colors for your video, or RGB red green blue. I can adjust the red and blue, but when I adjust the green there is no change. Also, when in dual video mode I can move a window from the dvi port, or monitor 2, to the vga port, or monitor 1, and all the greens disapear. Such as the refresh and the back buttons for Explorer, they are green. Leaving me with a purple or pink tint to the screen, due to the lack of green. So I guess a shorter answer would be "greens" mean color.