XFX Radeon HD 4670 - Errors and freezes

Dervie

Every once in awhile, when I'm playing a game, my screen freezes but I can still hear the background music of the game, and then after a minute or two of the screen freeze, it restores and I get a bubble stating:

"Display driver amd driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

I am using the 'XFX Radeon HD 4670'. I downloaded the drivers off of the website and also from the disc, I still get the problems. I'm using Windows 7. Is there an alternative to this? Some games that require Java, I cannot play due to the fact that after it restores from the freeze, the game is gone.

Dervie

According to AMD Overdrive, my temperature is at 48.5~49 degrees, well that was after playing a game.

PS. When I mentioned Java, I meant when my brother plays Runescape, it freezes after about 5minutes of gameplay, unfreezes and the screen is black and I must refresh and re-login, but it also occurs right after.

linkin

VIP Member
According to AMD Overdrive, my temperature is at 48.5~49 degrees, well that was after playing a game.

PS. When I mentioned Java, I meant when my brother plays Runescape, it freezes after about 5minutes of gameplay, unfreezes and the screen is black and I must refresh and re-login, but it also occurs right after.

I used to play, that's a Runescape/Java error.

Uninstall Java and download the latest version, install it and try again.

Otherwise, try switching from DirectX mode to OpenGL mode in the graphics options.

Dervie

I used to play, that's a Runescape/Java error.

Uninstall Java and download the latest version, install it and try again.

Otherwise, try switching from DirectX mode to OpenGL mode in the graphics options.

This also occurs for another game, for example, Heroes of Newerth, although not as consistent as Runescape, but still occurs. I'll try the Uninstall-and-Reinstall option for Java, but how would I go on about changing my GPU from DirectX to OpenGL?