XFX Radeon HD5750

theasian100

My friend just bought this video card along with a 550 watt Corsair power supply and he wanted to upgrade his video card on his HP Pavilion a6244n, when he pops the video card into the motherboard and connects the DVI cord, nothing pops up on the screen when he turns it on, the fan on the card spins, he's tried disabling the onboard video, reseted, then popped in the card again and tried to see if it worked, but it shows the same thing. Is the card even compatible with his desktop?

danthrax

yup yup, there's power to the card, the fan spins but no picture

If it is plugged into the PCIeX16 slot on the mobo the fan should spin but that does not mean there is power to the rest of the card, there is another connector (usually on the back of the card) where a 6-pin PCIe connector from your PSU should be hooked up. Is that hooked up properly?

theasian100

I tried running the card on my desktop and it posted perfectly (he dropped off his computer at my house not too long ago) and then i swapped my vid card into his machine and it didn't post either, I believe his PCI-E slot is dead, thanks for all the replies everyone :]

Leopold Butters

I tried running the card on my desktop and it posted perfectly (he dropped off his computer at my house not too long ago) and then i swapped my vid card into his machine and it didn't post either, I believe his PCI-E slot is dead, thanks for all the replies everyone :]

was he using on board graphics before? Maybe his bios is set to onboard instead of PCI-E?

linkin

VIP Member
I know many HP machines dislike dedicated graphics cards even if they have a slot for them... i believe this is by HP's design... they wouldn't want you to buy something on your own, no they want you to buy a faster model of their junk ;)