XP Account modification

jtovb

Hello.

My account on my computer is as system administrator. I built an account for my daughter to use so she dosen't make any changes. How do i modify what programs are starting in her task bar and modify what shows on her Desk top. I tried looking around but don't see anything. Can't just click on the desk top short cut and choose delete, it says she dosen't have permission.

There are two programs that keep trying to start when she logs in: One is my joystick program (Saitek profiler) and Yahoo messenger. When logged in as her I can't stop them from trying to start when she logs in nor can I find a place to do it when I am logged in.

Thanks for any help.

John

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
C:\Documents and Settings\<her name>\Start Menu
:)

Another way to do it is to set her as an Admin, make all the changes u need to and then de-admin her :)

sublime1184

Also, you can make her admin("Start>Settings>Control Panel>User Accounts>>>>Modify her account) and then log on using her account name and click "Start>Run" and type "MSCONFIG"....then you can click the start up tab and check/uncheck the programs you would like to have run with start-up (*please note* unless you are heavily familiar with the other tabs, I would not mess with settings in any of the tabs except StartUp.) Then you can make her account back to limited/non-administrator.