xp install

bernardmax

hi i am gonna install win 98 if possible win xp in my laptop, i have just finished c drive format and my laptop screen is showing like this A:\ i have got win 98 and win xp cd...but win xp is not bootable....tell me the next step...pliz

atomic

bernardmax said:
hi i am gonna install win 98 if possible win xp in my laptop, i

Well if your going to install xp just insert the xp cd-rom in your cd-rom drive and make sure your computers set to boot of cd first (in your bios). Then reboot.

If you want 98 then your going to need a win 98 bootdisk found here. Unzip it to a floppy dis k put it in your system you wish to install 98 on and reboot. Then goto your cd-rom drive and type setup. (correct me if im wrong) ;)

Pharos

bernardmax said:
but win xp is not bootable
atomic said:
Well if your going to install xp just insert the xp cd-rom in your cd-rom drive and make sure your computers set to boot of cd first (in your bios). Then reboot.
Do you wanna install XP and 98?
You need win98 startup disk in case to install win98 and then fallow the instructions. If you want only XP, than after installing win98 run XP installation from your win98. It will ask you, do you want to install XP on new partition or do you want to install it on exist partition and overwrite your win98.

Guerilla

Do what Pharos said, other wise get a 98 boot disk, put xp in and type;

A:\smartdrv
D:\cd i386
>D:\cd i386\winnt